The All India Council for Technical Education with an objective to offer on the job practical training to enhance employability of students pursuing graduation/diploma has made certain regulations by exercising its power conferred under Section 23(1) read with Section 10 of the All India Council for Technical Education Act, 1987. For this purpose the National Employability Enhancement Mission (NEEM) came into being. B.VOC (Bachelors in Vocation) is a degree being offered with specialisation in different verticals by TISS. Aztecs Academy has trained, experienced and renowned Faculty in the verticals of -
(1) Sales & Marketing and
(2) Software Development
to offer a Three-year Degree Programme of BVOC with specialisations in the above mentioned verticals. The course is designed with the objective of preparing an individual to take up a career in the chosen field. The course covers all the specifics of the chosen vertical and in the final year also allows the student to take up assignment in the Corporates. This is an AICTE and UGC approved course and the degree would be awarded by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences a Government Deemed University.
- Higher Secondary Completed
- Demonstrated interest in the chosen field
Students are assessed on project work and a written examination which is conducted at the end of each semester.
Salient Features of the Programme:
- A student will join the B.VOC degree programme of three years equivalent to any other Bachelor degree granted by the UGC.
- Theory classes are conducted by TISS all over the country; in Madurai through their Training Partner Aztecs Academy.
- Student undergoes on the job training with a Skill Knowledge Provider (SKP) as a Trainee. There is no Employer – Employee relationship as per the National Employability Enhancement Mission.
- The minimum duration of training per year would be 1260 hours out of which 720 hours is practical and 540 hours is theory.
- Such enrolled student is known as a NEEM Trainee under the scheme and TISS shall be called as a NEEM Agent.
- The course is based on ‘Earn while you Learn’ model.
- Each year is a standalone certificate so the student can leave the course after completion of each year.
- Students get University ID cards.
- Industry (SKP) may pay the trainee a stipend which is not less than the minimum wages for unskilled labour.
- Trainee under NEEM shall be regulated as per the norms of the Company/Industry where the trainees are placed for training.
- As per NEEM guidelines the trainee can be engaged in the on the job training for a duration of 3 months to 24 months. Therefore a B.VOC student shall complete first two years of the course leading to Advance Diploma as a NEEM Trainee and during the third year may place himself with another SKP or with the same SKP as a non-NEEM Trainee.